February 13, 2009

Oil on my face?!

Okay, I have to confess.

I have bad skin.

Of course, this is probably not the type of confession you had in mind but really, it can be quite gross. As much as I try to get it all cleared up, there are still little blackheads on my T-zone and hard cyst-like bumps on my jawline. Some of the mess is due to hormones (that's a whole different post) but for the most part, it's just bad skin. I eagerly look forward to summer months when the dry air and sunshine give me a nice tan; it's my skin's solace.

I know I'm not alone. Which is why I got all giddy when I saw Melanie's post about her top 10 can't-live-without beauty products. I've heard of some products (Oil of Olay Regenerist gets so many awards - it beat La Mer!), and others are on my list to try (CG Lash Blast mascara looks fun!).

#8 on her list tripped me up and confused the heck out of me. Olive Oil and Castor Oil?! Also known as the Oil Cleansing Method. Just mentioning the words "oil" and "face" in the same sentence makes me want to grab my off-brand cetaphil as I run to the bathroom.

So, of course, I have to tell Suzanne. She's my one buddy who really enjoys and seeks out natural products. Also, she's much more brave than me about trying these types of things. If she likes it, then I KNOW I don't have anything to worry about!

Guess what?! Suzanne loved it! Read about her "Happy Skin" if you don't believe me.

I'm so stinking excited that I'm running out tonight to buy some fresh Sunflower Seed and Castor Oils. Thanks for the tip, Big Mama!

No comments: