February 17, 2009

Way to go Ree!

I know I've talked about this before: I really, really like blogs.

I like reading them. I like writing them. I like finding new blogs to follow. I really like opening my Google Reader every day to catch up with the most recent news.

I've followed Between Two Worlds by Justin Taylor for the longest time. His blog actually is the reason why I started following blogs. Justin pulls from so many sources of world news, product releases, pastor musings, etc. I feel like I get a well-rounded access to the Christian worldview through this blog.

I found Ree's blog, Confessions of a Pioneer Woman, a few months ago. I don't know how I went so long without knowing about her daily musings, recipes and photos. I spent one Friday evening reading all 42 of the entries about her journey from "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels", the story about how she met her Marlboro Man. She is hilarious, her recipes are uh-mazing, and she gives great advice about homeschooling, Photoshop and how to wrangle four farm kids!

Well, it was really exciting to see that one of my very favorite magazines, Time, listed Ree's blog as one of the Top 25 Blogs. WOW! Out of the thousands of blogs in the blogosphere, it's hard to imagine that a list for only 25 could be created. However, I could not agree more with Ree's being on the list - it's quite well deserved :)

If you've never really been a follower of blogs, now is a good time. Check out some of the blogs on Time's list - The Huffington Post, Got2BeGreen and Freakonomics are pretty good. Don't forget to check out my favorites Pioneer Woman and B2W as well!

No comments: