June 22, 2008

Worn out and ready for the vacay

Hey Blog World,

I'm in desperate need of an extended downtime right now. Saturday was spent watching television, doing some laundry and clienting, salsa dancing (or at least dancing in a way to imitate salsa dancing), and enjoying some conversation with girl friends. I HATE when I have to work over the weekend. I logged in 48 hours M-F last week and the last thing I want to do is log on multiple times Sat-Sun to work more. What can you do?

My grandma made me feel better though - "Why don't you get paid overtime?! I've never heard of that!".

Thankfully, I'll be leaving in just four short days for two different road trips. One to Hot Springs, Arkansas (say the latter with the twangiest "r" sounds possible). We're staying at a nice hotel on Lake Hamilton and are going to a wedding that I'm super excited to see. Though I don't know Zach very well, I give him major props for the way he proposed and for taking such good care of our girl Casey.

The other road trip will be to the grand state of Kansas, where corn and cows are EVERYWHERE. Also, in case you didn't know, Kansas is one of most conservative states in the country. It's not out of the ordinary to see a protest billboard against abortion on your daily highway trip. Very interesting...

Anyway, I'm excited and can't look forward to the time off. It's going to be great!

No comments: