March 19, 2008

Where have I escaped to?

Hmmmm.... it's been awhile.

I have moved and now reside in North Dallas/Carrollton/Addison... it's a weird spot because I'm near everything. Which also makes it pretty cool and convenient. I have a sweeeeeeet patio and a cozy extra space for a lounging room/office. I love it; it feels much more grown up than the other place. Oh, and did I mention that I have a kitchen now?

I just wrapped up (or at least it feels that way - we finished Sunday) the 38th weekend of North Texas Tres Dias with little bumps in the road. Believe me, though, when you're running on fumes, the bumps feel like mountains. I broke down once and cried/ranted for 20 minutes. My feet were so tired I allowed myself the guilty indulgence of a pedicure. I took way too many Aleve for headaches, backaches, jaw pain, foot pain that I think my liver is going to rebel. I had a bad attitude way too many times towards people that should have received respect instead.

No matter the bad, though, I'm focusing on the good. 32 women walked away with a new and different understanding of Jesus and their place in His plan. I received tons of yummy snacks for both me and my kitty cat Lucy. I gained a few new friends. Communion was sweet, as was seeing women find Truth and hope. I taught my stomach to eat when hungry. I gained a much wider understanding of grace; i.e. what it is, what I believe about it, when it is given, when it is received, who deserves it.

I had too many occasions to choose hostility and anger over grace, BUT - because of His grace for me, I was reminded over and over again to give grace even when it is undeserved and not reciprocated. I thank the Lord for women like Janeene Morrison, Christy Carlson and Chelo Marroquin who stood in the gap for me when I could not handle the pressure or hear the Holy Spirit through the emotions saying "grace, grace, give them grace." I could never replace my best friend, Karen, who listened to me ramble about every little detail and still encouraged me with patience and understanding.

So yes, it was a nice weekend. I was exhausted and thought I had the flu. But to walk away knowing that Julea Mashburn was right when she said "you've got some lessons to learn, kiddo", I am grateful for the trial because it makes today that much sweeter.

Maranatha

No comments: