November 18, 2009

Movies I Want to See - Fall/Winter 2009 edition

I wanted to make it official - like I do this every season or something - by naming this the Fall/Winter 2009 edition of "Movies I Want to See". Hmmm....maybe I've just created a new category for my blog!

Returning to the purpose of the post, I have to say it: there are a lot of movies already released, or soon to be released, that I want to see in the theaters. Now, the question is: will I actually see all of these movies in the theater? Um, no. The thought of paying $9-10 a pop makes me cringe inwardly and outwardly. However, I do want to share with you a list of movies that I'm anticipating seeing and as I said before, some are already released. If you've seen the released ones, let me know what you thought! If you're looking forward to some of the unreleased films, let me know if you're going to dump a load of cash into Cinemark's pocket to go see it; maybe I will too!

The Twilight Saga: New Moon
Top of the list, no arguing with this. Call me a nerd, call me immature, I don't care what you call me, just get to the theater to see this movie. I can guarantee you won't be disappointed.



Whip It
Drew Barrymore + Ellen Page + Kristen Wiig + Juliette Lewis + Jimmy Fallon = ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I have to see this; pronto!



Brothers
I adore Natalie Portman and both hunky Jake Gyllenhall and Tobey Maguire are excellent actors.



Date Night
How could anyone resist Steve Carrell and Tina Fey in a movie together? It'll probably be cheesy but I don't care - I'll watch anything these two are in.



Grown Ups
Again, funny people all in one movie - I can't resist. However, the inclusion of Rob Schneider might be enough to keep me from watching this one. Yuck.



Gentlemen Broncos
The fact that Napoleon Dynamite is on my list of must-see movies automatically means that I want to see this one. Will be it be stupid? Yes. Will I regret paying $10 to see it? Possibly. Will I laugh horribly loud and maybe even snort? Absolutely.



The Fantastic Mr. Fox
This sounds great; lots of well-known actors lend their voices and it's getting a lot of great reviews.



*EDIT: I left off a few that I meant to include...sorry!

The Last Song
Please don't laugh that I want to see a movie with Miley Cyrus. Though I do wonder if she knows what to do with her mouth when she's not laughing or talking, I can appreciate her effort to dig in deeper with her acting roles. Plus, I like the story line of this.



Despicable Me
I like to enjoy a decent animated file every once in awhile.



Sherlock Holmes
Um....Jude Law, Robert Downey Jr., Rachel McAdams...yes please.



Avatar
I'm not really a sci-fi fan but I'll make an exception for this one, especially since it's directed by James Cameron.



The Road
I really really really thought the book was excellently written. I would read it again. I hope my expectations are not too high for this film but I do not fear that I'll be disappointed with Viggo Mortenson and Charlize Theron in the cast.



Shutter Island
Martin Scorsese; enough said.



9
I really like the trailer; sometimes that's just enough to convince me I should see it.



I think that's enough for now. Hopefully these won't weigh down my loading time too much; I'm sorry if it does!

No comments: