January 21, 2009

Already

Geez. I'm only to the introduction to Confessions and I already feel the weightiness of this book. Wow.

"Who will give me help, so that I may rest in You? Who will help me, so that you will come into my heart and inebriate it to the end that I may forget my evils and embrace You, my one good?"

I'm also about 18 days into a reading plan for reading the entire Bible in one year. I'm following the Discipleship Journal Bible Reading Plan; just click on the link and it will take you to a PDF file. It's been rather enjoyable and has challenged my undisciplined nature quite a bit so far.

That's about it. I'm trying to take it easy for awhile; I haven't had the best health for the last few weeks and I'm honestly feeling a little low. Thankfully, I've found much solace in this commonly-quoted scripture, though its richness has not dulled regardless of the many times I've heard it or claimed it to date.

Also, I was reminded on Sunday that we serve a jealous God. Not meaning the ugly connotation of the word "jealous" but rather in the God-is-all-powerful-and-will-not-allow-any-other-gods-in-His-place kind of jealous.

This gives me tremendous hope.

No comments: