February 13, 2008

I'm not really sure what I'm going to write, but I have to get stuff out in the air, out in the open where it's not hidden. I'm a firm believer in guarding one's heart, but there are some things that you can't keep inside, namely things that draw you away from the Creator.

I love me.

I'm seeing more and more that consciously and subconsciously, my motives in all things are selfish. Of course, this has rocked my world because up until about a month ago, I thought the world revolved around me. It may or may not have been obvious, and I didn't explicitly state "my way or the highway", but I can look back to see that many of the things I do and/or say are for my comfort, well-being, exaltation and success.

So, I'm praying.

For brokenness, a true view of myself, special eyes to see the Truth about my life, for God to point out the hurtful ways in me, that He might lead me in the everlasting way, for a love and desire to serve people around me, for a renewal of my joy and trust in the Lord and Him only.

That is all :) I'm sleepy and need rest.

Until next time,
*peace*

P.S. It would be rude to not include a picture...

No comments: